This policy explains when, how, and why we collect personal data about people.
Who we are
Edinburgh Civil Service Chess Club is a chess club playing at:
Slateford Bowling Club
28 Lanark Road
How we collect your information
The only information we obtain about our members is provided by them directly. We do not collect personal data simply as a result of a person visiting our club or website.
How your information is used
The personal data we obtain is applied for the following purposes, namely to:
- Obtain payment of membership fees to fund the operation of the Club.
- Register members to play for Edinburgh Civil Service Chess Club in competitions which Edinburgh Civil Service Chess Club enters.
- Submit results of matches played to the Chess Edinburgh League for grading purposes or to other organisations running competitions in which Edinburgh Civil Service Chess Club participates.
- Submit results of internal club competitions to Chess Scotland for grading purposes
- Communicating with members for the purposes of running the chess club, including selecting and organising teams and other chess events.
The contact details provided to us by members may be used to contact them by mail, telephone, or e-mail for the purposes of the Chess Club.
We will hold personal data for as long as a person is a member and for a reasonable time afterwards. This data is held pursuant to the legitimate interests of Edinburgh Civil Service Chess Club which is the basis on which your data as set out is processed.
Who can access information
Unless required by law, we do not sell, rent or otherwise share personal data with other third parties.
Members can ask for a copy of the data we hold about them. If a member provides information about another person, it is their responsibility to ensure that the other person has given their explicit consent to the processing of their personal data.
Should you have any unresolved complaints about the way we process your personal data, you have the right to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Links to other websites
Review of this policy
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact:
Crawford Macnab ( email@example.com 07823 758 340)